Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Extending the Life of Your Favorite Candles


I love to burn candles and melts so my home smells nice and especially love the seasonal candles. Looking at  the wax at the bottom of a candle that would no longer burn gave me an idea. I thought what if I could get that out and use in my warmer thingy. So I did just that and it worked wonderfully. I just took a knife to the last bit of candle wax and broke it all up.

Then I grabbed one of my warmer melt things. What do you call these anyway? Just poured the pieces in and lit a candle underneath and wah-lah!


Worked great and is still giving me great scent when I light it two weeks later. Why had I not thought of this before? I even used some in my Scentsy warmer and that worked great as well.



18 comments:

Peggy said...

Now why didn't I think of that??? LOL

Emily Fay said...

Great idea! Thank you for sharing!

Susan said...

I've done that before! It does work good.

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

That is a great idea...I will try to remember that...I do keep my candles in the refrigerator....that seems to help them last longer also!!

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Yep... I do that too! Works great! :)

Carmen and the Primcats

Kris said...

YOU are brilliant! Just to think of all of those end of the candles I have tossed out!!!!
EXCELLENT idea!!! Thank you!

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Future tip for you, pop the candle in the freezer for a few hours and it comes out of the jars beautifully!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

That's a FABULOUS tip!

Kerin said...

Whaaa... I thought I had 'invented' this. Cause I'm so 'frugal' LOL
Have a happy day !

~Sara said...

I do that a lot. I am very frugal and why waste that awesome scent. You have my favorite candle pictured there. I just love Country Store!! Enjoy your wonderfully scented home ~Sara

Cindy said...

What a great idea! I will try this next time!
Hugs, Cindy

Rhonda said...

Thanks for the idea! I just bought some "pecan pie" scented candles at wallyworld yesterday, they smelled so good I wanted to eat them. LOL Also a "mulled cider" one that smelled good, too.

Jill said...

That makes so much sense - great tip!

NanaDiana said...

Yep- I do that too! I always thought it was because I am cheap...maybe it's because I am smart like you! xo Diana

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Oh, you're clever, you are!


NO RED?

Imagine a world without red
For either a robin or sled:
How drab it would be
No scarlet to see,
But only grey shading instead!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Red Oak Leaves

Kay Ellen said...

oh I can smell that candle all the way over at my house :))

Happy Redensday!

Kay Ellen

Debbie said...

Why, they are called warmer melt thingies, of course!

And this idea is a big old KEEPER. Thank you!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

love this idea. Thanks for sharing it.
Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...