Tucked in a corner off of our kitchen is my favorite corner of the house. Here are hubby's tips on decorating cozy corners. Now don't tell him that is what I am calling his decor. Shoot, he won't mind even if you did.
Over the weekend we bought a new punched tin lamp and some prim stacked nesting boxes. I have always loved stacked boxes. But enough that, now onto the hubby's tips:
1. Pick a couple unifying colors. Here we use mustard and black. Though we have a green couch in here and touches of red, it all works because of the base colors sprinkled throughout. (sprinkled is my word, not his)
2. Mix up textures. Wood, metal, soft, rough, etc. But grouping like collections is always better and make a nice statement.
3. Mix sizes, and decorate in threes. Odd numbers look better in decorating.
4. Leave some blank spaces for the eyes to rest. You can fill a space but leave the table below less cluttered. You don't want to have to spend forever dusting nick knacks. Don't be afraid to tuck things away in a closet. We do this all the time. We rotate stuff given what look we are going for at the time.
5. Lastly, adhere to the advice on the sign at my favorite shop,
Your husband called and said, buy whatever you want.
All decorating by Mr. SunnySimpleLife