We are in the fifth week of Menu plan Sunday. I love planning winter meals. Soups are always on the weekly menu this time of year. Along with a rainy day, soup is favorite winter treat.
Menu planning on a budget is always top of mind but you will find most of my menu plan ideas are for frugal meals using basic ingredients while still providing a variety. Budget friendly meats are the basis for our meals as well as using pantry staples.
Weekly Menu Plan Sunday
- Sunday: Homemade Chicken Crispers with homemade ranch dip, corn on the cob and Italian three bean salad.
- Monday: Ground turkey tacos, black bean and corn salad
- Tuesday: Crock pot spaghetti sauce (this is my freezer cooking for the week. The extra sauce will be frozen), spaghetti, salad with leftover ranch dressing from Sunday
- Wednesday: Dinner with family
- Thursday: Crazy clean out the freezer meal. I will supplement with a crock pot of pinto beans. (When I start seeing too many odds and ends it is time to just pull out a bunch of things and cook them up.
- Friday: Pot of chicken soup with Cuban sandwiches.
- Saturday: Date night with hubby ( I really look forward to this so putting on the schedule is important.