Did you spend too much last month? Did you spend too much in 2013? I am sure most of us did. I like to take stock and get back on track in January. My HUSBAND likes me to get back on track in January. "Reign it in" is what I hear. So I do. I try and really limit spending to what is necessary.
Last year I did a No Spend January. This year I won't quite do as much as that but I will keep spending to a minimum. There are some good tips in that post if you want to check it out. I am however going to host a 16th birthday party this coming week for my daughter but she is lovely and simple and just wants food and a bonfire with smores.
What will you gain with a "no spend month" or a "low spend month?" Well lots. When you are not spending time and energy on shopping to improve your home or to buy a new outfit you are gaining time. Time to read, to clean or organize, to do a puzzle, to take a nap. Sounds good to me.
In order to encourage each other I am doing a month long link party so all of you can link up any of your money saving posts to share with all of us. I will do weekly updates and add mine. You can even link up old posts that you think would be helpful.
So for this coming week to save money we are:
1. Eating all leftovers. In fact we have ate them three nights in a row now. Taking stock of the freezer and pantry and creating meals out of items that need to be used. I hate throwing food away.
2. Eating at home except for one meal a week which will probably be date nights for hubby and I but we will do them on the cheap.
3. Put any extra money back into our savings account.
4. No shopping except for necessities.
5. Make sure all items I need to return are done and my account is credited.
6. Free entertainment with the kids. We have movie gift cards to use for when we need a treat.
So how about it? Anyone want to join me?