campgrounds. We love camping at Table Mountain campground
in Wrightwood, California.
An easy drive, just over an hour from Los Angeles county, this campground has wonderful views and large sites.
Sitting 7000 feet above the desert and only little more than an hour from our house, we try to camp at Table Mountain campground twice a year. Cooler temperatures and nicely spaced wooded sites, make this a perfect Southern California summer campground.
Table Mountain Campground:
- Open from April/May through November
- Potable water
- Pit Toilets (I don't use them but hubby and some of the kids do and say they are fine)
- Fire pits
- About one third of sites are reservable and the rest are first come first serve. $20 per night at time of posting. Toll free 1-877-444-6777
Large Jeffrey pines give the forests that lovely vanilla smell from the trees.
Things To Do:
- Nearby you can visit the visitor's center which has some great displays kids love but it is open only Saturday and Sunday.
- Hiking trails are all over this area of the Angeles National forest.
- The town of Wrightwood has a good grocery store, restaurants, shops. We love the ice cream shop and I have heard one shop sells very good cinnamon rolls.
- You can go ziplining at Big Pines Ziplines
- Nearby Jackson Lake has fishing
- Baden Powell trail and lookout
We always stop at the lookout where you view our valley below and all the surrounding mountain peaks.
There is a great hiking trail that surrounds the campground and is a good workout. We lost weight even with eating all the yummy camping food.
Tugg and Luna, the rescue pups, went on their inaugural camping trip. They loved it and wanted to go on many walks. Here they are in their Gooby dog sweaters with our oldest by the campfire.