This recipe for easy homemade salsa is so simple. It is requested for all our parties. Homemade fresh salsa is worth the time to make. You will want to make it all the time.
Just in time for Cinco de Mayo here is my recipe for salsa. This is a fresh salsa that is so easy to make and you can make it as mild or hot as you would like. This recipe is for a large batch but you can cut it in half for just your family. It keeps nicely for a few days in the refrigerator.
Easy Homemade Salsa
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 large bowls of salsa
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce diced tomates
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 jar red salsa such as Pace
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 finely diced fresh jalapeno or tablespoon of canned (optional)
- Place everything in your food processor or dice yourself until you have everything roughly blended. Add the spices and blend well. Keep refrigerated.