Grandma's molasses baked beans recipe is perfect with our moist tender barbecue chicken.
Grandma's Baked BeansServes 12-15
This is for a large batch for company. Cut in half for just your family.
- 2- 28 oz. cans baked beans. I like Bush's.
- 2 tbs spoon mustard (not dry) Mustard like French's
- 2 tbs molasses
- 1/4 c. brown sugar. I like the sweetness. Add less if you'd like.
- 1/4 c. onion in long slices
- 4 slices of uncooked bacon cut in one inch pieces (We use turkey but use what you prefer)
Pour beans in 9 x 13 pan, add all other ingredients except bacon and stir really well.
Lay pieces of bacon across top of beans and put in 350 degree oven for at least 60 -90 minutes. The top should look good and dark and caramelized.