Okay, onto the dining room in my pre-holiday room by room cleaning plan. I am a bit behind with the start of school and a camping trip but I am going to try and quickly clean through the rest of the house making that a priority. Today is the dining room.
Holiday Cleaning Plan For The Dining Room:
- Dust all crown molding and use swiffer duster to swipe walls of any cobwebs
- Clean tops of high furniture
- Wipe tops of door jams
- Dust and wipe down all hanging decor
- Remove plates from walls and wash
- Dust hanging light fixture and clean bulbs
- Wipe down all door and doorways of grime and fingerprints
- Go around room cleaning marks on paint or touch up with fresh paint
- Remove all nick knacks and dust and clean each piece of furniture as I do this
- Tuck away summer decor for next year
- Wipe down dining room chairs ( if you have upholstery then clean as needed)
- Dust dining room table and legs
- Clean wood floor of dining room (I have no rugs in here)
- *If you have rugs then vacuum and flip over area rugs to vacuum other side
I do have a china cabinet in here. I will not be taking everything out and cleaning inside because I do this once a year in spring and it seems to stay dust free fairly well.
You can find part one here for the living room.Having a holiday grand plan will relieve stress and keep you on track to an organized Christmas.