I have to share our new easy fast weeknight supper, sourdough bread pizza. Forget those pre made crusts or the fact that you don't have time to make dough at home, this sourdough bread pizza recipe is so good and simple. My kids said this is their new favorite way to eat pizza.
The possibilities of sourdough bread pizza crust are endless. You could make it Hawaiian or a cheeseburger inspired easy pizza. Go crazy and try sourdough French bread pizza or use sourdough English muffins. Kids love their little mini pizza shapes.
Sourdough Bread Pizza:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: varies
- Slices of sourdough bread lightly toasted. (This helps the crust stay crispy under the sauce and cheese)
- Tomato sauce or if you have fresh tomatoes, a thick slice on each piece of toast is marvelous
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice
- We used pepperoni (so easy to keep a little bag in the freezer)
- Basil from the garden
- Bell peppers from the garden
Take your sourdough toast and top with sauce, cheese and top with toppings of your choice.
Toast under the broiler till bubbly.
Now if you want a traditional homemade crust here is my recipe. So good.
And if you crave calzones here is that recipe.