It's still summer so let's use some of the last fresh vegetables of the season and make the best chopped vegetable salad. No lettuce, but extra garden zucchini paired with the chopped vegetable salad with olives and feta cheese make this a savory summer side dish.
Crunchy Chopped Vegetable Salad
- 2 cups washed large diced sugar snap peas
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 red and one green seeded and chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 - 1 cup sliced (your preference) green olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- juice of and a bit of zest from two lemons
- drizzle of olive oil
- to taste salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients once diced and chopped. Add dressing ingredients and seasoning and stir well. Refrigerate at least several hours ahead. Serve cold. You could easily change up ingredients to add blanched green beans or diced chives. So many options to make this chopped vegetable salad recipe your own.